- The Venturefest Bristol and Bath Website
venturefestbb.com (the website) is owned and operated by Invest Bristol & Bath (IBB) on behalf of the West of England Combined Authority, whose principal place of business is: Engine Shed, Station Approach, Temple Meads, Bristol BS1 6QH
- Ownership of data collected through the website
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), Invest Bristol & Bath will be joint data controllers, with the West of England Combined Authority, of the information collected through the website and via other means. Any data collected by Invest Bristol & Bath will eventually pass over to the Combined Authority – who will then become the owners of this data. Invest Bristol & Bath’s nominated representative for the purpose of the Act is Jen Jackson/ email@example.com
The West of England Combined Authority is committed to protecting and respecting your personal information and privacy.
By visiting venturefestbristolandbath.com or www.venturefestbb.com you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy. Please read the following carefully to understand how we collect and use your information. If you have any questions about this policy or our use of your information you can contact:
Invest Bristol & Bath at firstname.lastname@example.org Changes to this policy will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, notified to you by e-mail. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to this policy.
West of England Combined Authority’s Collection and Use of Your Information
- Information the Combined Authority may collect from you
The West of England Combined Authority may collect and process the following information about you:
- Information you give the West of England Combined Authority: You may give the Combined Authority information about you by filling in forms on the website venturefestbristolandbath.com or www.venturefestbb.com subscribing to our services (such as SMS text bulletins) or by corresponding with Venturefest Bristol and Bath by phone, e-mail, social media or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use the website, subscribe to our services, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on the website, enter a competition, promotion or survey and when you report a problem with the website. The information you give the Combined Authority may include your name, date of birth, address, country of residence, e-mail address, photo card ID information, phone number, travel preference information and credit card information. Please note credit card information is not stored;
- Information the Combined Authority collects about you: Each time you visit the website, the West of England Combined Authority may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; and
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from the website (including date and time); tickets and/or journeys you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number; and
- Information the Combined Authority receives from other sources: The West of England Combined Authority may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites the Combined Authority operates or the other services the Combined Authority provides. In this case the Combined Authority will have informed you when the Combined Authority collected that information that it may be shared internally and combined with information collected on the website. The West of England Combined Authority is also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
- Uses Made of Your Information
The West of England Combined Authority uses information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to the Combined Authority.
The West of England Combined Authority will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and Venturefest Bristol and Bath and to provide you with the information and services that you request from Venturefest Bristol and Bath;
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about products or services Venturefest Bristol and Bath feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, Venturefest Bristol and Bath will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer, and where Venturefest Bristol and Bath permit selected third parties to use your information, Venturefest Bristol and Bath (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want Venturefest Bristol and Bath to use your information in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which Venturefest Bristol and Bath collects your information (the order form or registration form);
- to notify you about changes to Venturefest Bristol and Bath or our services; and
- to ensure that content from the website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- Information the West of England Combined Authority collect about you. The Combined Authority will use this information:
- to administer the website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve the website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of the Combined Authority’s efforts to keep the website safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising Venturefest Bristol and Bath serves to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you; and
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of the website about products or services that may interest you or them; and
- Information the West of England Combined Authority receives from other sources.
The West of England Combined Authority may combine this information with information you give to us and information the West of England Combined Authority collects about you. The West of England Combined Authority may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
- Disclosure of Your Information
The West of England Combined Authority may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
- The West of England Combined Authority may share your information with selected third parties including:
- business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract the Combined Authority enter into with them or you; and/or
- analytics and search engine providers that assist the Combined Authority in the improvement and optimisation of the website.
- The West of England Combined Authority may share your information with selected third parties including:
- if we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case the West of England Combined Authority may disclose your information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets; and/or
- Where We Store Your Information
The information that the Combined Authority collects from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (EEA). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff maybe engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services. By submitting your information, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. The West of England Combined Authority will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your information is treated securely and in accordance with this policy. All information you provide to the Combined Authority is stored on the Combined Authority’s secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted. Where the West of England Combined Authority have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of the website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. You should not share this with anyone. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although the West of England Combined Authority will do its best to protect your information, the Combined Authority cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to the website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once the West of England Combined Authority has received your information, the Combined Authority will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
- Your Rights
You have the right to ask the West of England Combined Authority not to process your information for marketing purposes. The West of England Combined Authority will usually inform you (before collecting your information) if the Combined Authority intends to use your information for such purposes or if the Combined Authority intends to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms the Combined Authority uses to collect your information. You can also exercise the right at any time by writing to Invest Bristol & Bath at email@example.com. The website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of the West of England Combined Authority partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that the West of England Combined Authority does not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any information to these websites.
- Access to Information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you by Invest Bristol & Bath or the West of England Combined Authority, or both of us. You can exercise this right by contacting Invest Bristol & Bath or the West of England Combined Authority at the details below. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet the costs of providing you with details of the information held about you.
- Contact for Invest Bristol & Bath and the West of England Combined Authority. Questions, comments and requests regarding this policy are welcomed and should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org